Wednesday, October 14, 2009

PORTFOLIO: Greek Language Classes Poster


For this poster, I also spent about 4 hours. The reason why I spent so much time on these posters is the illustration, which usually takes longer than I initially expect. For this poster, I used Times, Arial, and a font called "Ancient Geek" (yes, it really is Geek and not Greek; I'm confused myself).
When I was over half way through remaking the poster for midterm, I began to think I would like to add a Greek pillar in the background by Apollo's right hand. I had hoped that the smaller text would then lay on that pillar. Unfortunately, I rode home from TSU to Saint Louis today and I ran out of time to finish my pillar, which was unfortunate.
Also, I'm realizing now that the headline text is a little difficult to read. I made the "Hidden" italicized to catch the reader's attention, but then made it a lighter color of gray to try and make it seem like it was "hidden".
For this poster, my concept was to make the reader think of Greek as a forgotten, or "hidden", language, which would mean it was something people might question. To reinforce the notion of "not knowing", I placed a question mark over Apollo's... well... you get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment